Pimples can strike anywhere, when you least expect. It seems like they lay low, waiting to pounce until you have an important event like a wedding, presentation, date, or photoshoot. Each area of the body is slightly different, but all pimples share some common traits. We dive into the details to help you pave a road to crystalline skin.
What is the Cause of Pimples on Head?
Everyone is familiar with facial acne. We all experience it as a teenager and many of us carry it well into adulthood too. But what is the cause of pimples on the head?
Scalp acne has the same causes as face zits. Pores and hair follicles clog with oil, dead skin cells, and dirt. It is less common to have pimples here (than the face, neck, or back) but not at all unheard of. A dermatologist will recommend a medicated shampoo. The products can be bought in drugstores or online without a prescription.
Universal ingredients in medicated shampoos include:
- Tea tree oil. This essential oil kills bacteria on the skin and hair to prevent infections.
- Salicylic acid. A chemical, but gentle, way to slough off dead skin cells.
- Glycolic acid. Another exfoliating acid.
- Ciclopirox. Popular antifungal included in dandruff shampoos.
- Benzoyl peroxide. Eliminates the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes, often present in severe scalp acne.
If medicated items aren’t your preference, many people have found relief with home remedies.
Home Remedies for Painful Pimples on Scalp
During flare-ups of acne, skin can become uber sensitive and reject the harsh chemicals found in medicated shampoos or creams.
Natural or DIY approaches can be budget friendly, for those need to shave off a couple dollars.
But nobody wants to just suffer through painful pimples on the scalp. Apply any of the following for relief:
- Aloe vera
- Coconut oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Jojoba oil
Pictures of Pimple on Corner of Mouth
Our facial orifice is vulnerable to breakouts and infections because of its status as a portal to the body. When a pimple on the corner of the mouth reveals itself, we freak out. Either we hate the way it looks or we funnel downwards to worrying if it is an STD on the side of the mouth. The following pictures will help you compare your blemish to a cornucopia of possibilities:
How to Treat a Pimple on Eyelid
That bump on your eye is most likely a stye. The irritation is super common, but it can feel like a personal attack on your beauty and comfort. Styes are itchy, they hurt, and they can cause the lid to develop a yellow crust. Here is how to treat a pimple on the eyelid for fast recovery:
- Hold a warm compress to the eye. The heat will open up pores and relieve pressure from the bump.
- Put black tea bags on your eyes. Test them to make sure the bags aren’t too hot, and then lay back to relax for 10 to 15 minutes. The warmth will soothe the stye and the black tea lowers inflammation.
- Avoid makeup and contact lenses until it clears up.
Pimples on Chin: Meaning & Source
The mechanics of acne are that elements settle into pores, clogging the area, and initiating an infection. That is just surface level, however. The placement of the bumps is telling a story of their own. Scientists have found a way to map out acne causes, based on location.
For example, pimples on the chin are meaning the hormones are out of balance. Excess androgens overstimulate the oil glands, leading to pimples. Diet is a major contributor to hormonal imbalance. High carb foods have been fingered as a contributor to recurring acne, in recent studies.
How to Get Rid of Pimple on Tongue
Bumps that show up in the mouth are different than acne on the skin. There are no pores on the roof of the mouth or on the gums, but we can still have small lumps appear that feel like pimples. How to get rid of a pimple on the tongue starts with understanding what that white bump is. Here is what it could be:
- Enlarged Fungiform papillae. The papillae are the tiny bumps all over the tip of the tongue and side of the tongue that are the same color as your tongue. Hidden within the texture are your taste buds and temperature gauges. These can swell up for undetermined reasons. The issue will usually remedy itself.
- Canker sores. If the bumps are painful and red, it is probably a canker sore. Cause is unknown, but they cure themselves within 10 days usually. Try taking Tylenol or apply Orajel to numb the area until it heals. Skipping salty, spicy, or acidic foods for a few days can help too.
How to Treat Pimples on Buttocks with Home Remedies
Just like with the face map, the body map of acne would include varying determinants. All that is necessary for butt acne is some self-care and hygiene habits. Here is how to treat pimples on buttocks with home remedies.
- Wash area with anti-bacterial soap.
- Exfoliate regularly with loofah or scrub.
- Buy and wear loose clothing. Breathable fabrics that don’t trap moisture are best. Cotton panties and boxers are preferable to silks or synthetics. If you get sweaty, change into a new outfit as soon as possible.
- Switch to hypoallergenic fabric detergent. Fragrances and dyes in laundry soap are a common trigger for breakouts.
Treatment for Boils on Neck, Thigh, Skin, Vagina, Back, Face and Under Arms
Infectious and often incredibly painful for the sufferer, boils are a skin condition that can cause rife symptoms and stress if left unchecked. Commonly mistaken
Genital Pimples – What Causes Them on the Vagina or Penis and When to visit a Doctor.
While taking a shower or a bath you might notice a painful, inflamed bump on vagina or on penis. You grab a handheld mirror to
Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck, Groin, Armpit, Throat, under the Jaw, Chin.
A Google deep dive of your symptoms can pull up pictures you never wanted to see of football-sized goiters and baseball-sized lumps. Finding a weird
Pimple on Nipple, Breast, Chest, Scrotum, Cheeks and under Skin.
One of the biggest questions people ask about their health is, is it normal? We all know that pimples enjoy popping up on our faces,
Ringworm on Neck, Scalp, Face, Foot, Leg and Arm – Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen.
Images of creepy crawlies may pop into your head when you hear the word, ringworm. If you have seen pictures or real-life examples, you know
Skin disorders & diseases: blue skin, EB, common, rare, picking, vitiligo.
Common skin disorders Most people have heard of the common skin disorders such as acne, eczema, even Psoriasis but there are plenty of others more