One of the biggest questions people ask about their health is, is it normal? We all know that pimples enjoy popping up on our faces, but can you get a pimple on your nipple for example? Turns out, finding a white bump almost anywhere on your body is 1) totally normal 2) probably nothing serious.
To help you feel more at ease, we have compiled fact-checked info on variants of the pimple.
Can You Get a Pimple on Your Nipple?
The nipples are a sensitive area that can be irritated by clothing, cleanser, or laundry detergent. Special circumstances can cause a tiny, acne like bump on the nipple, areola, or surrounding boob or pec. Runners for example, often find their nipples break out in a scaly, itchy rash partnered with bumps. It is caused by friction with the shirt or bra during the repetitive motions.
If nipples suddenly become very red, with no obvious reason, schedule an appointment with your doctor. This could be a sign of a specific and rare breast cancer called Paget’s disease.
Pimple-like Bump on Breast
If you are a breastfeeding mama, your baby could be causing the spot on your boob. A pimple-like bump on the breast could be a clogged milk duct or milk blister for slang. Try massaging the area in the shower to unclog the ducts.
Untreated, the condition usually resolves itself in a few days. Chronic cases should be brought to the attention of your OBGYN or lactation nurse.
How to Get Rid of Pimples on Chest
Dermatologists talked with Cosmopolitan magazine to address the epidemic of chest acne. Turns out how to get rid of pimples on the chest is fairly simple, but you have to be diligent in your routine. The following is a paraphrased version of what professionals recommended:
- Increase showering. If you’re breaking out on your chest and other body parts, you need to hit the water stream as soon as possible. No skimping.
- Fix your diet. Foods that have a strong correlation with acne include dairy, sugar, and processed carbohydrates.
- Exfoliate. Use a gritty scrub at least once or twice a week.
- Do not pop! It is hard to resist the urge, but popping makes pimples worse and could lead to eternal scars.
- Use spot treatments. The pros say it’s best to apply at bedtime and allow the treatment to work overnight.
- Find a new sunscreen. Certain brands can clog pores, so switch to a non-comedogenic formula.
- Call in the troops. Battling acne alone is exhausting when nothing works. You might need to call in the big guns and work with a dermatologist if self-treating has failed.
White Pimple on Scrotum
We have covered the upper half of the body, now let us descend to the nether regions. Men will never know how it hurts to have plugged milk ducts, but a healthy percentage will live through a white pimple on the scrotum.
The range of diagnosis spans from harmless to troublesome:
- Ingrown hair. Nothing to worry about and will disappear without intervention.
- Whiteheads. The form of acne that fills with white pus due to clogged pores.
- Genital warts. Caused by HPV, scrotum warts can’t hurt fertility and are not life-threatening.
- Syphilis. An STD caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum that results in white ulcers on the testicles.
Pimples on Cheeks Meaning
Our cheeks come into contact with so many dirty things throughout the day: our hands, our phones, etc. Being cognizant of what we put against our faces can reduce acne in this perturbing spot.
Another pimples on cheeks meaning is to change your pillowcase. If you are a side-sleeper, your cheek lies against the fabric of your pillow all night. A few strategies to stave off pillow-caused acne include:
- Wash the case more often.
- Switch detergents. It could be an allergic reaction that is the culprit.
- Swapping out the filler. Perhaps your skin would prefer memory foam, down feathers, or bamboo insides.
How to Get Rid of Under the Skin Pimples
If your pimples are deep, painful, and filled with blood, you could be harboring the challenging cystic acne. It is much tougher to treat symptomatic cystic acne than other versions of breakouts. Traditional spot treatments and skincare routines do not garner the desired results. Doctors have advice on how to get rid of under the skin pimples:
Aspirin. This timeless pain reliever offers relief in the form of a do-it-yourself facemask. Crush up the aspirin in water and apply directly to the face. The compound is similar to salicylic acid (found in acne facewash) while also being a strong anti-inflammatory.
Professional grade retinoids. Differin, formerly a prescription product, now has a lower level OTC version that is highly effective. It rids the pores of dead skin cells to prevent clogs.
Ice. A cystic pimple can be as painful as a sprained ankle, so treat it the same. Apply ice periodically throughout the day, in 15-minute intervals. The pain and swelling reduction will be noticeable.
Check out these pictures of traditional acne versus cystic to determine which you are dealing with.
Pimples on the Head, Mouth, Scalp, Eyelid, Chin, Eyelid, Tongue and Buttocks.
Pimples can strike anywhere, when you least expect. It seems like they lay low, waiting to pounce until you have an important event like a
How to Get Rid Of Pimples – Conventional Drugs, Home Remedies and Lifestyle Changes.
Almost all teenagers develop acne. Zits and pimples are an unfortunate part of growing up and a sign the puberty is at work. These blemishes
Treatment for Boils on Neck, Thigh, Skin, Vagina, Back, Face and Under Arms
Infectious and often incredibly painful for the sufferer, boils are a skin condition that can cause rife symptoms and stress if left unchecked. Commonly mistaken
Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck, Groin, Armpit, Throat, under the Jaw, Chin.
A Google deep dive of your symptoms can pull up pictures you never wanted to see of football-sized goiters and baseball-sized lumps. Finding a weird
Genital Pimples – What Causes Them on the Vagina or Penis and When to visit a Doctor.
While taking a shower or a bath you might notice a painful, inflamed bump on vagina or on penis. You grab a handheld mirror to
Pimple on Pubic Area, Ear, Eye, Nose, Arms, Legs, Face, Neck, Back.
Pimples are the plague of teenage existence. As adults, you hope that you will grow out it and then you get older and realize you