We commonly associate pimples with the face, but you can have a breakout anywhere on your body. Are you embarrassed to put on a bathing suit or take your clothes off in front of anyone because of the unsightly spots? Body acne can occur on the chest, back, arms, neck, and even the butt. You are probably wondering how to get rid of body acne once and for all. Are you tired of people looking at you like you have the plague or some other communicable virus they might catch? Many folks might mistakenly believe that you suffer from some pox or herpes.
How to Get Rid of Body Acne
Here a few quick ways to rid your body of the pustules:
- Wear Only Natural Fibers: Synthetic fibers are often tight, uncomfortable, itchy, and hot. They cause you to perspire and the sweat and oil fill up your pores with bacteria and dead cells. Choose material that is specifically designed for a sweaty body. The fabric should wick the moisture away from your body. Some exercise outfits have ventilation holes in the armpits which further keep your skin dry and cool while working out or on a hot day when the mercury on the outdoor thermometer jumps into the eighties or higher.
- Shower: Sweat lingering on the skin’s surface becomes a bacterium breeding ground. The environment is not healthy. You can use a toner to swipe trouble areas if you cannot bathe. A warm washcloth also lifts away debris to produce a more sanitary surface that is less prone towards clogging the skin’s surface. Use a wash for chest and the entire physique. An acne body wash is a great way to keep your skin controlled.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliate the dead skin cells by scrubbing twice a week with a scrub, loofah, scrunchie, or motorized brush. Avoid using commercial scrubs that contain nuts, shells, hulls, pits, or sharp sand which can quickly cause abrasions and infections. The best products should contain micro-beads as an ingredient. A scar wash also helps flake off scar tissue.
- Moisturize: Skin uses sebum for moisture. However, your skin can be dry and still have zits because the mind tells the skin to compensate by overproducing oil. If you use a non-comedogenic moisturizer every day, your brain might slow down oil production.
- Clean Your Bedding: Your bed linens and pillowcases become soiled with physical residue from the atmosphere and your hair. Change your sheets at least once a week.
- Washing Clothing: Avoid using fabric softer, scented soaps, harsh detergent, and dryer sheets.
Using an Acne Body Wash
When trying to decipher how to prevent blemishes and clear up existing outbreaks you should focus on top-shelf products from the apothecary retailer.
- Panoxyle Creamy Wash: Contains a four percent concentration of benzoyl peroxide. Lathers nicely.
- Selsun Blue Medicated Maximum Strength Dandruff Shampoo: You might mistakenly believe this product is only for your hair but its actually a great allover wash. The selenium sulfide also controls yeast which causes itching, flakes, and rashes.
- Neutrogena Body Clear: Has two percent salicylic acid.
- Murad: Contains the active ingredients glycolic and salicylic acids.
- Phisoderm: A combination of natural and chemical: salicylic acid mixed with vitamin E, aloe vera, and chamomile.
- Mother Dirt Biome Friendly Face & Body: An amazing, all-natural product that relies on live Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria (AOB) to kill the harmful bacteria that are causing breakouts. This product is an unfragranced and preservative free concoction. It has been clinically tested for effectiveness. Within four weeks you will see a dramatic difference. This is an impressive formula when you are looking for options on how to prevent future breakouts.
Body Acne Treatment Choices
Your first way to tackle outbreaks on your torso is with drugstore brands but what if they fail to achieve remission?
If your body acne is getting out-of-hand then visit your dermatologist for prescription strength medication and topicals. You do have body acne treatment options.
They might not work overnight but with diligence, you will see changes. One of the most popular is clindamycin (tretinoin) which goes by the brand names Veltin and Ziana. They require a script at the pharmacy to purchase the meds.
How to Make an Acne Body Scrub
If you want to go the all-natural route, then there are many ingredients provided by Mother Nature that can be blended into a wonderful body scrub.
- Coconut oil
- Granulated sugar
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt
List of Body Acne Causes
Are you a workout fanatic? Do you regularly hit the gym? Not heading for the locker room to shower causes acne.
Here is a list of other body acne causes:
- Steroids: Hitting the juice too hard to bulk up. Also, if you use a steroidal cream for eczema or psoriasis, it can cause profuse acne.
- Whey Protein: Those yummy, fiber-filled shakes might increase your biceps and give you a six-pack abdomen but they are causing truncal breakouts. Switch to a pea or hemp protein.
- Testosterone gel: Men with prostate issues regularly use testosterone gel. They also use it to control weight, boost energy, and create lean muscle mass but it also causes severe acne.
How to get rid of Acne fast – best way for overnight acne removing.
If you suffer from Acne then you are in it for the long haul. You have doubtless trawled the internet and read every last conceivable
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne: Treatment, Reviews, Before and After results.
Tea tree oil is masterful at dealing with Acne but it is no quick fix. Tea tree oil works best within a deliberate and well-judged
Different types of Acne on face: Best treatment with Pictures.
A visual dictionary helps you learn about the different types of acne so you can determine what type do I have? There are all types
How to Get rid of Baby Acne on face: Causes and Treatment Methods.
Your adorable and flawless newborn probably fills you with boundless pride. You can’t stop taking pictures of your photogenic bundle of joy nor can you
Best Oral and Topical Antibiotics (Medications) for Acne over the counter.
Are you plagued with unsightly pimples? Have you tried various popular zip-zapping products and acne medication available at drugstores to no avail? Chronic blemishes are
How to use Coconut oil for Acne: How to apply, Before and After results.
Coconut Oil has long been the doyenne of the skin counter. With its tropical overtones of palm-fringed beaches, sun-drenched golden sands and azure oceans, it