Your adorable and flawless newborn probably fills you with boundless pride. You can’t stop taking pictures of your photogenic bundle of joy nor can you cease kissing your baby’s flawlessly smooth chunky cheeks. However, one morning you notice that your beloved’s chubby cheeks are marred by unsightly bumps that range in color from pink, red, and white. At the sight of your baby’s blemishes, you might panic. Without a doubt your imagination takes hold and you fear your infant has developed chickenpox varicella zoster, scarlatina, measles, meningitis, or rubella. You grab the thermometer to take the baby’s temperature and immediately call your pediatrician. Baby acne on face, forehead, and chin is frightening because you automatically think the worst.
Diagnosing Baby Acne on Face, Forehead, and Chin
When your bambino is two to four weeks old, he becomes a prime candidate for developing a shocking condition referred to as baby acne. Normally, the blemishes arise overnight instead of being a slow progression which is why many newbie parents worry that their baby has contracted a virus. If your baby is displaying a bevy of bumps of known origin then take a moment to study these pictures to see if they resemble the marks on your baby’s face.
The pustules and bumps do not manifest on chest regions, neck, or back, but are only on the facial areas. If you are unsure if your baby has acne then take your youngster to a physician or emergency room for an extensive physical and evaluation. Some conditions mimic baby acne and should be ruled out.
Understanding What Causes Baby Acne
The exact causative factor of the disorder remains a mystery. What causes baby acne baffles the medical community.
- Hormonal Reaction: Many hypotheses it directly results from the mother’s pregnancy hormones that are still circulating in the baby’s system.
- Underdeveloped Pores: Research theorists believe that the pores of a newborn are not fully developed and hyper-sensitive which makes them react by developing pimples when they are overstimulated or irritated.
- Gut Flora: Researchers also speculate that an imbalance in gut flora may lead to the condition. When will it go away is never fully known. The probiotics must grow and flourish within the intestinal tract to create whole body benefits.
- Yeast: Malassezia species of yeast colonize on the skin’s surface causing irritation and inflammation
Tips on How to Get Rid of Baby Acne
The first question you ask your baby’s primary care physician is, ‘How long does it last?’ You’ll probably feel helpless and upset when you learn that the condition can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months. You are tired of people looking at your angel and then asking what’s wrong or giving you a wide birth because they fear that your little one is contagious. There are a few tips on how to get rid of baby acne that might help. How to help and how to cure your precious newborn of the multitude of bumps is never easy, but these ideas might provide some relief.
- Breast Milk: Breast milk is a natural antimicrobial that is an ancient remedy for the condition. Just smooth a few drops of the white liquid onto the lesions once or twice a day. It also works wonders at treating cradle cap and blocked tear ducts.
- Warm Water: Rinse your baby’s face daily with warm water. Be careful not to rub the spots or they could bleed and become worse.
- Coconut Oil: Rub coconut oil onto the infant’s delicate skin. The solution is an antibacterial and antimicrobial solution.
Options for Baby Acne Treatment
Most experts will tell you that it takes time for the pimply masses to clear up.
Your baby acne treatment options are severely limited.
Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using fabric softener, dryer sheets, or harsh laundry soap on baby blankets and clothing.
- Baby your baby in warm water every other day and avoid using soap.
- Pat the infant’s skin dry using a soft towel.
- Never pick or pop the blemishes
- Maintain a feeding schedule that comprises either breastmilk or top-rated infant milk replacement formula.
- Avoid rough fabrics that will only further irritate and scratch your baby’s delicate skin.
- Bathe your baby every other day with only warm water
- Give your baby a sponge bath using a soft washcloth.
- Never use harsh soaps, shampoos, or conditioners on your baby’s delicate skin or hair.
- Keep cats and dogs away from your baby because their fur could be an allergen that makes the rash worse.
- Promptly wash away food or crumbs that accumulate on our baby’s face using warm water.
- Keep a drool cloth on hand to dry your baby’s slobbering mouth and moist cheeks.
- Never use makeup or powder to hide the pimples and bumps.
There are no magic answers on how to prevent or cure the infantile ailment of baby acne.
Remember, how to clear up baby acne is never easy and usually just takes time so be patient. Thankfully, the condition does not cause any disfigurements or scarring so once it has run its course then the condition will disappear as quickly as it appeared.
Evening Primrose Oil for Hormonal & Cystic Acne: Benefits, Reviews, Dosage.
Evening primrose oil is obtained from the lovely and dainty primrose plant’s (Oenothera biennis) tiny seeds. Hundreds of years ago, pioneers learned from the Native
Acne During Pregnancy in the Body: Signs, Symptoms and Treatments.
Pregnancy is an emotional rollercoaster. You will feel you have embarked on a trip to Disneyland or some other amusement park because you will experience
How to Get rid of Body Acne: Causes and Products for Treatment.
We commonly associate pimples with the face, but you can have a breakout anywhere on your body. Are you embarrassed to put on a bathing
How Does Spironolactone work for Acne, Real before and After results?
Every morning you wake up from a restful slumber, stumble into the bathroom, and look in the mirror. Much to your horror, you notice a
Best Oral and Topical Antibiotics (Medications) for Acne over the counter.
Are you plagued with unsightly pimples? Have you tried various popular zip-zapping products and acne medication available at drugstores to no avail? Chronic blemishes are
What is Cystic acne: How to get rid, Causes and Overnight Treatment
Are you wondering what is cystic acne and do I have it? Many people suffer from pimples and blackheads, especially during puberty and the teenage