A visual dictionary helps you learn about the different types of acne so you can determine what type do I have? There are all types of skin conditions. Many bear a striking resemblance to each other and are hard to self-diagnosis. If you have breakouts on the face, forehead, nose, chin, and temples then it’s time to learn more about the condition by perusing the various types of acne pictures in this article.
Understanding the Different Types of Acne
You might mistakenly believe that acne simply means you have lots of pimples. However, this is a misnomer. In reality, there are a lot of different types of acne vulgaris.
- Whiteheads: You might call the small white spots on your skin whiteheads, but the technical name is comedones. Even if you are a lady without a beard like your male counterparts, you still have massive amounts of hair growth on your skin. Take a magnifying glass and look through the eye-popping lens at your facial contours. Do you see the thousands of fine hairs that coat your skin’s surface? Well, each one of those threadlike hairs is a prime location for a comedone development. Sebum, dirt, and dead cells get trapped in the hair follicle and create a dam or blockage so that a whitehead develops. You can also get the lesions by wearing foundation, concealers, and powder. Only by beauty products that clearly state they are noncomedogenic.
- Blackheads: The term blackheads is confusing. Basically, they are a plug of oily sebum that mixes with dead or dying skin cells, and bacteria to block off the pore. Blackheads are like whiteheads but the top of the lesion is open. When the oily sebum is exposed to daily air then it oxidizes and take on a brown or black color. Chemical exfoliation and cleaning products such as foams and soaps help dry out the spot. Also, clay masks and pore strips pull out the debris from the depths of the pore. Over-the-counter topicals that are made up of benzoyl peroxide help dry out the sites. Regular washing also breaks apart the oils and rinses them away.
- Papules: Papules are hard to diagnose. Maybe they are not acne but another skin ailment or types of spots such as dermatitis, allergic reactions, eczema, folliculitis, rosacea, staph infection, or skin cancer.
- Pustules: A pustule is a technical terminology phrase that refers to a pimple which has developed a yellow, pus-filled head. Of all the types of spots, this is the most identifiable. Many people naturally want to squeeze or pick the area but this only makes it worse. You must abstain from the urge to scrape or pinching. The puss filled protrusion will erupt of it’s on violation when it is ready. If it does not pop, then your body will absorb the fluid and dry out the site. However, if you just cannot stand the monstrosity, then take a warm washcloth and rub the area until the yellow pocket is gone. Do not be startled if the yellow slime reemerges a time or two before disappearing.
- Cysts: A cyst is bad news. The hard lump lies beneath the dermal layers of the skin. It is heated, inflamed, sore, and painful. A cyst is an outright infection, and it takes time to heal. A cortisone injection can help a singular occurrence, an ice pack will shrink the blood vessels and decrease the swelling. If you have more than one cyst, then it’s time to see a dermatologist before scarring develops.
- Nodules: A nodular pimple is a hard lump that sits deep beneath the multiple layers of skin. It might not be red, but you can definitely feel the painful ball-like knot. Antibiotics and oral medications are the only things that will clear up a nodule and prevent a depression like a scar formation as the nodule slowly reabsorbs.
A List of the Types of Acne Pictures
If you want to the types of images that portray actual acne lesions then please take a moment to check out the following photographs. These types of acne pictures can help you decide if you suffer from the conditions. Remember, 50 million people have some form of acne in United States alone and that number only increases on a global scale.
The Different Types of Acne on Face, Neck, Chest, and Back
Acne receives four classifications of grades to determine their severity and the various types. You will hear your physician denote the types of images and imperfections as grade one, grade two, grade three, and grade four.
With grade one and two you can use home remedies, over-the-counter formulas, and other reputable concoctions. However, grade three and four are serious and need prescription medication to stop lifelong damage to the dermal layers, elastin, and collagen.
Different Acne Scar Types and Treatment
The inflammation from acne causes the breakdown of collagen fibers. As the body repairs the fibers, it forms scar tissue.
Two kinds of scars result from acne::
- Hypertrophic (keloid): These bands of tissue from an overproduction of collagen that forms a raised mass.
- Atrophic (depressed): Known as icepick or boxcar scarring. The areas are round or oval depressions that look similar to smallpox or chickenpox scars.
The different acne scar types and treatment vary on scar type:
- Chemical peels
- Punch excision
- Dermal fillers
- Retinol types of medicine
Home remedies for Acne – how to get rid fast, overnight at home.
If you are an acne aficionado or live with one then you know the routine – washing, moisturising, no squeezing and a massive dose of
Best essential oil for Acne: Treat acne Scars and Prone skin
Oil and acne don’t seem to go together in the same sentence, surely, they are a contradiction in terms, the last thing you want for
What is Acne, What Causes it, Prevention, Treatment and Remedies.
Many people mistakenly believe that one or two pimples mean they are suffering from acne. They do not understand exactly what is acne. Any blemish
Best Over the Counter Acne Medicine that Works: Medications and Pills.
Visiting a dermatologist for the best prescription medicine is costly. Most insurance companies will not pay for the appointment or the medication because they do
Cost of Laser treatment, Laser Surgery and Laser Therapy for Acne.
Acne is emotionally devastating for many people. Not only do they have to contend with years of unsightly blemishes but the aftermath of the disorder
How to get rid of Acne scars: home remedies, removal and treatment.
As if acne wasn’t depressing enough, it can leave ugly scarring and pock marks, regrettably a natural part of the healing process. Why does acne